Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trying to get set up for mobile gaming

• Please log in to reply

Cloud Striffe

Cloud Striffe

• PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
I was just wondering what would be a good wireless mouse for my soon to be laptop because I have used the pads on notebooks before and they aren't very good for gaming. I am getting a bluetooth wireless card and my notebook comes with like 6 USB ports so Im not goin to run out of those.
I was also wondering about a wireless setup for my house. I need something that is fast for transporting files through a LAN and also I need no lag for my online games. Is there such a thing out there and if so where and how much.

Advertisements

The_Sloth

The_Sloth

• PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
I use the Logitech MX1000 Laser mouse. It's a rechargeable wireless mouse with plenty of good specs. Go here for more info.

So far the only issue I have with the mouse is the size of the stand/receiver that it uses. You have to have it to receive the signal from the mouse, but as it's also the stand used for recharging it's a bit bigger than I thought it would be. All in all, a small price to pay for the quality of the mouse.

Feel free to ask me any questions you want about it, and I'll do my best to answer them.

OneCool

OneCool

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts

I use the Logitech MX1000 Laser mouse

Love that MX1000 :tazz:

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
If you dont need wireless but want a gaming mouse the razor diamondback mice are gaming thouroghbreds. They say that you want a light mouse for gaming and these are probably the lightest you can get. Personally i like a bit of weight to a mouse but who am i to argue they are really good mice.

Cloud Striffe

Cloud Striffe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
The MX1000 looks great and it is very tempting but I need something that doesn't have to have the charger pulled into the computer because it is a laptop and I want to be able to take the mouse with me to other places other than my desktop. But if there isn't another good wireless mouse then I might just have to suck it up.

The_Sloth

The_Sloth

• PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
I take the MX1000 with me as my primary mouse for my laptop. The charger fits well in a laptop case, the only downfall is the need for somewhere to set it when using the mouse. I don't usually carry the AC adapter with me though, as I have used it constantly for 3 days without losing any bars on the charge meter.

Cloud Striffe

Cloud Striffe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
How is it with like gaming and stuff like that? What kinds of games do you play on your laptop, oh and what are you specs cause I haven't bought mine yet and im still kinda shopping around.