Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Restoring Desktop Background

• Please log in to reply

kirthe

kirthe

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My computer was infected with AVGold, (prosecute the A*******). If it helps, I scanned with Panda online, noted the spyware files (about 7 located in Windows and windows/system32, used the Task Manager to immediately stop the processes so I could then delete the files. It seemed to work.

But I still only have screensaver and settings property tabs for the display properties, there is no background tab available. I can install a background by previewing the actual picture file, but cannot do so from the control panel.

Thanks.

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go. You probably still have some maliscious malware lurking on your system. These clever folks are alway finding new ways to hide it. There is help available here. We have malware removal experts over in the malware forum. First you need to work your way through the malware removal guide at the top of this forum where it says "Do you suspect a malware (Spyware, Virus, Trojan) infection? Please Start Here. ". This enables folks to solve most problems on their own. If you still have trouble after that, post a hijack this log in the malware forum at
http://www.geekstogo...o_Here-f37.html