Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help My Graphics card pls!

• Please log in to reply

ollietuckeruk

ollietuckeruk

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
Basicly im 5-10 mins to a game like swg or planetside or bf2(yes i know high spec game) but i dont think thats it my Nvida 5900 fx crashes completely usally its a black screen but know it goes fuzzled lol i means blury all the colour is funn and it goes in diagnal lines and is completely dead, my pc specs are below pls help

Ollie

=======================================================

Compaq Prestino
Cpu: 1.9 Amd Athlon
Ram 738 (i think 512 + 256 i think could be 512 +128)
Graphics card Nvidia 5900 128ram Fx

=======================================================

Advertisements

cheathawk1

cheathawk1

• PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
If this only happens during intense gamplay, then it is probably one of three things (or a combonation of them). First, how big of a power supply do you have, your system might be drawing more power than your PSU can put out. Second, whats the temperature of your case, more specifically, your GPU (video card)? You might want to look into buying a GPU cooler if thats the problem. Third, I noticed that your CPU is a 1.9 Athlon, no offense but this is definantly not up to par for high end gaming. If you can spare the cash you will want to upgrade to a faster processor, as this may also be contributing to the problem.

If you could, I would like to know the temperature of your video card during gameplay, as well as the wattage of your PSU. With this info I can help eliminate some of the causes I listed above.

--Chris

ollietuckeruk

ollietuckeruk

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
i planning on upgrading soon or lady but its ganna take me months 4 he cash my Gpu has a heatsink around it and sometme the heat can go up 2 90'c im planning on my new metel case, ram, grapics card probably another winfast nvidia one and nu prossess this pc is the basic one u get from pc world

cheathawk1

cheathawk1

• PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
90 degrees C!! That is insane. The heat is definantly a problem. Untill you can get the cash for your upgrades, I would reccomend backing up all of your important data, just in case somthing fries in your system. (Or better yet, don't use your computer to play games that stress the system!).

--Chris

ollietuckeruk

ollietuckeruk

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
gaming is my life but i found a few salutions read the tec spec of my grpics card and it fries at 120'c so i set it to shut down at 100'c also ive set the orgianl drivers on the pc and tis working fine!! hahahA around the system

cheathawk1

cheathawk1

• PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
Glad its working!

--Chris