Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

What are some good games?

• Please log in to reply

Cloud Striffe

Cloud Striffe

• PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
I am looking for some good games to start playing and I need some advice. I am into RPG's. I am currently playing Guild Wars but that is kinda gettin a little boring. Anyway if anyone knows of a good RPG or MMORPG that would be cool.

Advertisements

MOLEXRULZ

MOLEXRULZ

• PipPipPip
  • 346 posts
The best PC RPG...in my opinion...is Final Fantasy 7. Which, was released for PC.

Cloud Striffe

Cloud Striffe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
But it was released under a limited supply so the one's that are sold now are used and still $50 but if i could get a new one that would be great. I never played 7 for the PC i played it on the PS though and I liked it ok but they are making a new 7 for the PS3 so I might just wait for that.

jman4001

jman4001

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
runescape is a pretty cool mmorpg.

www.runescape.com

dont need a good computer and there are always thousands of people playing

ratmilk

ratmilk

• PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
runescape is poor, poor graphics, the works...

Get a good game like HL (Get steam), and DoD {a mod for HL, free once you buy HL} (the best game in da world!!!).

Anbo

Anbo

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
I play Anarchy Online, which is a great sci-fi MMORPG. It's one of those big mmorpg games, like everquest. It's free until Janurary 15th, 2005. It's a pretty cool game. Plus, you don't need a super computer to run it.

My friend plays World of Warcraft, and said it's great and simple to learn and play. He also said City of Heroes is good.

I personally like Guild Wars. I never played it, but it is supposed to be great, and I love 4 player co-op.

Metal God

Metal God

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
runescape has poor graphics because u dont have to install anything eveything is run from the servers, anyone that play rs here, have u tried hacking into their servers yet?

Cloud Striffe

Cloud Striffe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
The games that I want to get are Kotor 2 and advent rising. And I was looking at city of heros and WoW and they both look great and I still might get them but I don't like stuff billed to me so I just might buy those game cards and play on them. Does anyone have any opinions about any of the games i just said?

Darryl

Darryl

• PipPip
  • 76 posts
I play Medal of Honour Allied Assault. Not bad, but I am thinkin of gettin COD, maybe get the expansion United Offence, not sure tho. I played runescape, played it alot infact. Wasn't bad, and I probaly still would be playin it but my account got hacked and I lost a whole lotta stuff as a result, around 3 million gp or so.

logan11

logan11

• PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

I play Anarchy Online, which is a great sci-fi MMORPG. It's one of those big mmorpg games, like everquest. It's free until Janurary 15th, 2005. It's a pretty cool game. Plus, you don't need a super computer to run it.

View Post

You do realise it's July 14, 2005 right?

And I suggest Ultima Online, the free shards. You can find a free copy of it anywhere on the web by googling "Ultima Online 15-Day Trial Gold"

Then go to www.uogateway.com and dload UOGateway and you'll have access to over 1000 free shards.

logan11

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Runescape is very good consiedring what it is, very impressive.
Im sure a resourcelful and unscrupulous person could aquire final fantasy 7 if they reall wanted. aargh?
Deus ex 2 was okay if a little short, i like fps and rts though, homeworld 2 with the PDS mod is really really good. And MOHPA is good and the obvious HL2 and CS:S, hopin to get BF2 this week which should see and end to me leaving the house before the start of university.

Unklwok

Unklwok

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Yeah, they arent releasing that FF7 on ps3...

That was a technical demo. Dont get your hopes up..

You can always download FF7 for the pc.

WoW, is great, suprizingly addictive.

An mmo you should never look into.. The Matrix Online.

If you want some fps's...

Call of Duty is good.

So is counter-strike.

Stay away from Farcry

And theres always halflife 2, Stunning game, Multiplayer lacks a tad though.

Darryl

Darryl

• PipPip
  • 76 posts

Runescape is very good consiedring what it is, very impressive.
Im sure a resourcelful and unscrupulous person could aquire final fantasy 7 if they reall wanted. aargh?
Deus ex 2 was okay if a little short, i like fps and rts though, homeworld 2 with the PDS mod is really really good. And MOHPA is good and the obvious HL2 and CS:S, hopin to get BF2 this week which should see and end to me leaving the house before the start of university.

View Post

I've seen some screenshots of MOHPA, dosn't look bad, but definatly isn't at the top of the list for my next game to get. I rather the indoor stages, with the occasional outdoor part somewhere in the map, mostly what I play is Sniper only V2 on allied assault, which is very cool and not hard to find a good server setup like that because most clans are using that exact setup. The horrible thing about almost all games today is hacking. Its way out of control. I heard that almost 85% of mohaa players hack, which at times I can beleive seeing how there are clans that are well known for hacking.

operation ivy

operation ivy

• PipPip
  • 88 posts
KOTOR 1&2 are really really good rpg's.

for fps i would recommend doom 3, farcry, half life 1&2

Jared

Jared

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
For FPS i would say: Halflife 1,2 Counter Strike (any one) WW2 online (more of a MMORPG, Game got me hooked) BattleField ALL of em

For MMORPG: WOW (Which my bro has he loves it) And FF11...

Advent Rasining is an ok game played it controls are ok i guess

One Online game you might wanna stay away is TSO (The sims online) I was a beta tester and i thought it was good 2 years of on and off playing it is just not worth $9.99...
Secound Life (Hand) Forgot the title but that is where alot of the old TSO members are going no monthly fee i heard Haven't tryed it yet tho