Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Thank you, Thank you, and a little more help!

• Please log in to reply

rockhaven

rockhaven

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Thank you to all who take time to help not-very-computer-literate people like me!
My CD drive and CD writer drives both suddenly stopped working! They would not read picture CD's, program CD's, or music CD's (either commercial or homemade.) I started at the top of the list on this link (Pinned: You Must Read This Before Posting A Hijackthis Log Required steps before posting your log.) telling what to do before you send in your hijackthis logs. Finally, after getting to the bottom of the list, my CD writer drive started working, and today, after a few more assorted scans, the regular CD drive is working. OBVIOUSLY, I had a lot of junk. Should I still send in the logs, in case there's something still in the registry entries? I've uninstalled Norton, and am trying to decide whick anti-virus product to buy. Any advice? I know this site recommends only having one. I have 4 computers to protect--maybe I should try a couple of different products? Which would be best for my teens? Their computers are FULL of junk. Thank you all again!

Advertisements

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts
Hi rockhaven and welcome,
Go ahead and post a hJT log, Lets make sure its clean and we can go from there,