Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

SpySheriff [RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

GCole

GCole

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have gotten the SpySheriff off my computer, (i think) and now when I boot up I see my desiired desktop background for a second then this blue backgrund appears...... How do I get rid of it. The display settings will not allow me to chose anything....Help please !!

Advertisements

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts
Hi and welcome GCole
Please right-click: HERE and go to Save As (in Internet Explorer it's "Save Target As") in order to download smitfraud reg file. Save it to your desktop.

Locate "smitfraud.reg" on your desktop and double-click it. When asked if you want to merge with the registry, click YES. Wait for the "merged successfully"

Reboot your computer, Let us know if you now have your desk top back,

If not reboot to safe mode and merge the smitfraud reg again please, Again reboot .
Let us know how you make out

GCole

GCole

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
:tazz: Thank You for the help...I really appreciate it. But now it appears that everything is working correctl but my Task Manager.

When I open it (Ctrl, Alt & Del) and choose the task list, all I get is the Task Window. All the other tabs and the Blue title bar are gone.

I use to see the tabs for Precesses.....CPU usage.....etc.

What gives???

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts
Have a read Here See if this resolves the issue for you,
Post back and let us know how you make out

GCole

GCole

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thank You again Sir....You have directed me into the correct path...and once again everything is right with the world.....

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :tazz:

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.