Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internal modem problem

• Please log in to reply

cazabra

cazabra

• Pip
  • 3 posts
;) ok i'm an idiot
problem solved (for me anyway)

I am a paranoid geek freak that is convinced uncle Bill is spying on all of us so I had turned off stuff that I forgot I had turned off :tazz:

The Remote Access items in msconfig > services tab were the culprit in this case.

How I figured it out ..
Internet Explorer > tools > internet options > connections .. nothing was there .. and when i went to add one, the error specifically said that I'm d dufus .. well ok, it said could not access Remote Access utilities or something along that line.

I was thiiiiiiiiiiiiiis close to doing a restore from day 1 .. whew !

Great benefit of all this .. I found this forum ;)

hope my info helps someone

Advertisements

Mrs Jones

Mrs Jones

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Problem solved by reinstalling XP however, I think it was the hopping on one foot while spinning counter clockwise and humming "Rule Britania" that did it.

Thanks for your efforts, suggestions and most importantly...your time! :tazz:

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
You're very welcome