Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

More Hard Drive issues

• Please log in to reply

scf2510

scf2510

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
I just re-formatted my c:\ and put win xp back on my comp. My 2nd Hard drive all of a sudden was not accessible to me unless i re-formatted that too. I tried to get around it at 1st but had no luck, thankfully i found dvd backups that i made for my friend 2 put the stuff on his comp. So I just re-formatted it. It's a Western Digital 80GB HD 8 mb cache. After the formatting it's only showing that I have 31.4GB and nothing is in the folder. That was the number it was formatting on the screen (I tried to change it to 80 but the 31.4 was my only choice). Can anyone help me get the other 48.6GB back?

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
scf2510,

Do yourself a favor. Go to the western digital site and download their disk manager software. Use it to format your hard drive BEFORE installing XP.

Installing XP is not difficult. :tazz:

makai