Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

problem with Firefox

• Please log in to reply

rutugar

rutugar

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Hey guys, I've got a real annoying problem so a little help would be great.

Before I installed Mozilla, I used I.E. and had numerous pictures saved (nothing funnier than m&m's smoking weed) :tazz:
After installing Firefox, when I would click on a picture in one of my folders it would open I.E. but no picture would show up.
So trying to remedy the problem I changed my folder options to open jpeg images with firefox. Now when I try to open an image I get "Cannot find file 'C:\My Documents\weed.jpg' Make sure the path and file name are correct and that all required libraries are available"

So what's the deal?, is this just a regular computer problem or am I totally missing something easy. Thanks for any help.

Advertisements

keithy397

keithy397

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
Have you checked - Tools > Options > (Web) Content > 'Load Images' should be ticked, 'for the originating web site only' should not be ticked.

rutugar

rutugar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Already checked that...not the problem

rutugar

rutugar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Does anyone have any ideas...I really need help.

keithy397

keithy397

• PipPip
  • 37 posts

Hey guys, I've got a real annoying problem so a little help would be great.

Before I installed Mozilla, I used I.E. and had numerous pictures saved (nothing funnier than m&m's smoking weed) :tazz:
After installing Firefox, when I would click on a picture in one of my folders it would open I.E. but no picture would show up.
So trying to remedy the problem I changed my folder options to open jpeg images with firefox. Now when I try to open an image I get "Cannot find file 'C:\My Documents\weed.jpg' Make sure the path and file name are correct and that all required libraries are available"

So what's the deal?, is this just a regular computer problem or am I totally missing something easy. Thanks for any help.

View Post

Does anyone have any ideas...I really need help.

Just a few thoughts then rutugar.

Shouldn't you have set file associations for jpg's, gif's etc to an image prog like Irfanview, Photo Editor, whatever your fav prog for images is?

It's no problem saving images with Firefox but opening them with Firefox? dunno about that!

What is it exactly you are trying to do with images in Firefox? As far as I know FF can't edit images, unless there is an extension installed to enable the process, of which I know one only, or maybe two if it's still around!

Can you give more info? I'm a little lost as to what you are trying to achieve and it's still early in the morning for me!

rutugar

rutugar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
;) Okay, sorry about that. It's just that before I got firefox, when I would click on a picture file it would open in I.E....don't know why it just would. (got computer from brother-in-law) After firefox nothing. After I realized I was stupid I can open pictures in one of my image programs.

Thanks for the help, again sorry about that...don't know what I was thinking :tazz: