Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows XP Bootable not booting.

• Please log in to reply

m0nwell

m0nwell

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I just built a computer for my friend, a AMD 64 XP 2600 system. When I went to install windows I stuck the CD in the CD-ROM and restarted. However it just sits at the "Boot from CD:" line. It never asks me to push a key to enter installation. It never says anything else. I have no idea what's wrong with it. The CD works fine my computer. The harddrive is a SATA HDD. I've never played with one of those before so could that be the problem possibly? Please help.

Advertisements

roccobladr

roccobladr

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
yo man, im in the same situation as you. im building my friends brother and sister computers with SATA HDDs. i have no luck with it. from what people told me, you need to get drivers on it. you should still be able to get the installing started at least though. might wanna try a different cd drive.

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts

it never asks me to push a key to enter installation

Stupid question here... Did you hit enter?

makai