Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Trojan.StartPage, Bloodhound.W32.EP

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey guys, i let my brother use my laptop while i was gone on a trip... and when i came back he the first thing he said.. was sorry.. i messed up your comp. i come back... and i found these two viruses on it. i can't get them off, i have ran Hijack This.exe, Norton, SpywareGuard, Spy Sweaper, and Ad-Aware... no effect. i've also gone to the files and tried a manual deleation.. but to the same effect. here is where the files are contianed.. i'll try and get yall a Log next time i get lucky and get into an anti virus program.

The Trojan is in C:\WINNT\windows.dat
the bloodhound is in C:\WINNT\system32\wininet.dll

Thank you for your time.