Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cannot download .exe files from internet

• Please log in to reply

michelle0018

michelle0018

• Pip
  • 1 posts
You are my computer's last chance before I reformat it ...or go long distance cpu punting. I know my computer probably has some spyware on it, but I can't download any online scanners or blockers because when I click to download it, the bottom portion of the webpage indicates that the file is being downloaded from the webpage, but when I move the mouse it changes its status to "Done" without successfully downloading the content. I am able to download other content from the internet such as mail attachments or pictures, but cannot download any .exe files.

I also cannot read .pdf files b/c my computer cannot locate the files to uninstall adobe 5.0, thus preventing the correct installation of the latest adobe.

And yet another: My computer will not acknowlege use of the USB ports. I have tried multiple devices that have worked well in the distant past, but for the last year or so the computer will not identify the devices (scanner, webcam, camera, etc).

PLEASE HELP ON ANY ISSUE!! :tazz:

Edited by michelle0018, 13 July 2005 - 09:48 PM.

Advertisements

Metal God

Metal God

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
i dont know much about computers, but it seems like there are a lot of corrupted files on ur computer, when was the last time u ran an antivirus scan, how recent are the virus definitions, if possible get a spyware scanner from a friend, or go to www.pestpatrol.com and get a free scan from there, see what u have on ur computer.