Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

CleanUp! Issues

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
I downloaded and installed CleanUp! on my computer. After running it i restarted my computer and now it doesn't boot into windows even after repeated attempts. It just gets to the sreen right before loading into windows. Black Screen with mouse arrow. I've tried safe mode and it didn't work,. I've tried the recovery console cd and that didn't work. I've tried non-destructive recovery and that didn't work as well as destructive one not working either. I still get that black screen with the arrow. The harddrive activity light isn't blinking either. Thanks for your help.

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
Sound like you have Killed you computer. Two tips, try waiting for two hours to for it to start up some times it you wait a long time it will start up. If not go to Here it is an answer that I just finish posting. I am suprise that you had this result because I never have and it has cleand over a 1Gb off my compuer.

Edited by Michael Buckley, 14 July 2005 - 03:51 AM.