Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

COD HELP!

• Please log in to reply

aftershok

aftershok

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
Hi,

I have Call of Duty, I had it installed on my computer. Then I had to reformat. I lost my case and have no idea what my cd key is... SOOOO, do you know if I can get my CD key off a file in my CD's???

Thanks,

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
nope. sorry. you will have to purchase the game again. the key is actually stored inthe registry, but since you reformated.....

aftershok

aftershok

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Is it possible to skip the cd key process then go into the registery and get the key.

ORRRRRRRRRRR

I have a friend who would let me use his key. Could I use his then go into my registery files grab myn, uninstall, then reinstall.......

thanks,

The_Sloth

The_Sloth

• PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
When you reformatted you lost the registry that had the cd-key entries in it. Everything that was saved on your PC before the reformat is gone. If you registered the game after you originally installed it, you should be able to call the game's manufacturer and they might be able to help you out. IIRC Activision made Call of Duty, so you should be able to go to their website and find some contact info for their Tech Support gurus.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
NO. since you formated its impossible to recover those files.

Keep in mind that our Terms of Service prevents us from helping to crack, bybass, illegeally obtain, ect....

• The posting of links or references to warez or any other type of illegal software is strictly forbidden. By doing so you risk having your user account terminated without warning. We will NOT help anyone we suspect of having obtained their software illegally.

again if you do not have the original cd key then the only way to go is to obtain a new copy.

aftershok

aftershok

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Keep in mind that our Terms of Service prevents us from helping to crack, bybass, illegeally obtain, ect.... 

sorry.....I am gonna go get the game now thanks 4 the support..