Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account

csrss.exe

• Please log in to reply

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*
Hey People,

I was not sure on this proccess csrss.exe, I looked it up on the internet net and its said that it is a microsoft product, and some trojans like Netsky or Netspy or what ever the [bleep] its call also can use it.

I have 2 anti-spyware test's (using Spybot and Ad-aware SE) and also used 2 virus scanners (one on my computer and an online trojan scanner) and all of them came back clear with it all.

Do I have anything to worry about with csrss.exe proccess. I must mind you that I do have that Synchronize thing that windows XP has for my home page to be access offline.

Advertisements

samiko

samiko

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 424 posts
its a normal windows process, do not worry about it unless you have error messages on unexpected behaviour from your system.

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*
Nah my computer is running really fast and very well, I just wanted to know that cause i never took notice of that then I saw it tonight and freaked cause the last thing I want is a virus or spyware.

I just now totally make sure and doublwe check on things now aye.

And thank you heaps samiko for replying to my question tonight :-D I very much thank full for that.

samiko

samiko

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 424 posts
Tony you most welcome and we are glad we could help :tazz: