Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 6 posts
How do I keep Realplayer from being the default for volume of my system? Whenever I use realplayer to play something, after I close it anything else I play is influenced by the volume setting of realplayer even after closing it. If I'm playing windows media player and it's volume is maxed out but I still can't hear it, I open realplayer and adjust its volume which controls all my other volumes.

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go. IMHO Realplayer sucks, because it 1. always puts itself in startup and 2. always wants to be the default player for everything. I never had it take over my system volume like it did to you though.... Try this, open Realplayer, then click on the >> to the right of view at the top. You will see a drop down menu. Select tools, and then preferences. You should be able to make the necessary adjustments there.