Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

wierd sound

• Please log in to reply

Morpheus

Morpheus

• PipPip
  • 96 posts
my computer keeps making this strange sound evry 4-5 mins.. is there a problem?, and how do i fix this?

Advertisements

The_Sloth

The_Sloth

• PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
What does it sound like, and does it affect your ability to use the computer?

Morpheus

Morpheus

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
Well obviously i cant make tha sound or anything.. i have no clue how to describe it, it is really short and NOT any kind of beep at all.
No, as far as i can tell it does not affect my computers speed or anything. My computer is still running fast, i just am wondering what this sound is and if it could cause a problem + it is annoying.

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*

Well obviously i cant make tha sound or anything.. i have no clue how to describe it, it is really short and NOT any kind of beep at all.
No, as far as i can tell it does not affect my computers speed or anything. My computer is still running fast, i just am wondering what this sound is and if it could cause a problem + it is annoying.

View Post

Is it a really annoy scretching type of sound?
Kinda high pitched, and makes it for no reason?
Or even just after you finishe playing music?

splintax

splintax

• PipPip
  • 54 posts
Is the sound coming from your speakers, PC case or the speaker inside the PC case?

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*
If it is your speakers, just by a new set.

That is if itcomes from your speakers.

nathen555

nathen555

Geek In Training

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts
could be the Internal Speaker Coming From inside The Case

splintax

splintax

• PipPip
  • 54 posts

could be the Internal Speaker Coming From inside The Case

That's what I suggested, but I doubt it is his speakers from what he described.

Maybe a clean-out of the case is in order - dust off fans, re-arrange covers and all that.. :-\ I know one of my Dells has a air streamlining piece of plastic that sometimes falls slightly out of position and grates against the fan a little.

Morpheus

Morpheus

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
no no no... this is not coming from the speakers.. its coming from inside my computer. it is not high pitched its jus this low short sound. its like tha sound you get when you start your computer up.

S A A B

S A A B

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts
Check your internal speaker for cracks etc. Maybe unplugging it and plugging it back in would help.

Advertisements

nathen555

nathen555

Geek In Training

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts
Did You know if you hold down atleast 4 or 5 keys pressed down at the same time you also get a funny sound like a bleep try that and see if its the same sound > that sound comes from the internal speaker try it

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
is it a thump? a scratch? a whir? or sort of like a pulsating motor type sound? does it sound sort of like something revving up?

Morpheus

Morpheus

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
no no.. ok ill try to explain its not coming from speakers. its coming from inside my computer. it is not a bleep. its not a revving up sound either. it sounds like it coming from the disk drive or something

NullWolf

NullWolf

• PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
1. Is this a prebuilt system or custom?
And if its pre-built, what company?

2. What brand hard-drive are you using? (Or does it sounds like a floppy firing up?)

3. When in doubt, open the case and locate the general area of the sound.

4. When did it START making the sound? (And how long have you had the machine?)

(as for what it sounds like, is it a low-pitched "buzz"?)

If you have a little time, you could listen to the sample sounds at:
http://www.audiolice...?subcat_id=9781

And see if any of them match the sound you're getting, then post back with which one it is, so everyone can hear it... (only you can determine what sounds like a buzz or clunk, or a box of rattling marbles)

Morpheus

Morpheus

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
i did a disk defrag and it has stopped some.. does this mean anything
?