Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

onboard video upgrades

• Please log in to reply

skullz90

skullz90

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
hello,
i have an emachine etower633id and my father says that it has on onboard video chip instead of havein the card and he says there might be a way to convert memory into video??? if someone could please help me into doing this if there is any way it would be really appreciated thank you

Curtis

Advertisements

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
well what he is probably talking about is sharing some ram with the video. this is usually done from the setup. I think to get into setup on that machine would be to hit the f1 key before the windows comes up. It also might tell you at the bottom or top of the screen. If all you see is the emachine logo you can sometimes get rid of that by hitting either tab or esc keys. Once in the setup there MAY be a setting for how much ram to share with video.... remember this does take away ram from the system.... so if you have 64MB ram and share 8mb with your video the computer only has 56 mb left for the os and programs.