Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

C TUTORIAL

• Please log in to reply

wannabecprogrammer

wannabecprogrammer

• Pip
  • 1 posts
APOLOGIZE FOR BEING ON THIS SITE FOR MY QUERY. UNABLE TO GET SUITABLE ANSWER LOCALLY. MY 13 YOA GRANDSON INTERESTED IN GAMING SPECIFICALLY IN DESIGNING/PROGRAMMING. HAS A PC AT HIS RESIDENCE RUNNING WINDOWS XP. LOOKING FOR A TUTORIAL FOR STARTUP PROGRAMMING APPROPIATE FOR AGE/LACK OF SKILL/PC AS HOST. WE APPRECIATE ANY INPUT. HIS RESIDENCE IS MARIETTA, GA. VISITING US IN HURRICANE COUNTRY, PENSACOLA, FL. I CANNOT HELP HIM MUCH, LIM :tazz: ITED TO BASIC/COBOL LANGUAGES. THANXS MUCH JAO

Advertisements

bdlt

bdlt

• PipPipPip
  • 876 posts
there are some links here:

tutorials

ratmilk

ratmilk

• PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
If you could spare some money get: Teach Yourself C++ in 24 Hours.
Thats the way i learnt, you can also find some on google, C++. But if he also wants to do gaming, look into openGL:
http://nehe.gamedev.net/ (it is highly recommended to learn C++ totaly first).

A good free C++ compiler is dev C++ http://www.bloodshed.net/devcpp.html (a gui for the MinGW compiler).

However, if he finds C++ to difficult. He should learn Visual Basic.
Visual basic is NOT free (Micro$oft created it), You would have to purchase Visaul Basic from micro$oft (VB 6.0 is recommended). You can find some tutorials on google.

-Zac