Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Log on Problems.

• Please log in to reply

ticaltical

ticaltical

• Pip
  • 8 posts
:tazz:
When I log in to win XP pro sp2 then computer freezes until i press ctrl ald del then it continues login into xp as normal. I assume it is on of the programs that loads during strt up how can i deteremin witch program it is and fix the problem??

Advertisements

roccobladr

roccobladr

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
goto start, then run, then msconfig, then click on the "startup" tab. that should list everything thats starts, when you start up. hope that helps.

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*

:tazz:
When I log in to win XP pro sp2  then computer freezes until i press ctrl ald del then it continues login into xp as normal.  I assume it is on of the programs that loads during strt up how can i deteremin witch program it is and fix the problem??

View Post

Also are you using any internet protection like a firewall and anti-virus?

ticaltical

ticaltical

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I am runnig microsoft firewal and norton antivirus. I have tried disabeling each of the programs that start up one by one and that is not working maybe it is a driver or something else that loads when i try to log ont my account

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*
Try try this.

Go to this site (this is for AVG Anti virus): (http://free.grisoft....E/lng/us/tpl/v5 and download AVG anti-virus for free.

Then go to this site (this is for Zone Alarm Firewall): http://www.zonelabs.....jsp?lid=nav_za

Download BOTH OF these.

After you have downloaded it, turn the internet off (disconnect the internet) and uninstall norton antivirus.

Reboot the computer and after you have rebooted, then install AVG on your system. Update it to the lastest virus diffenitions and then virus scan your computer.

Then install Zone Alarm firewall.

Once you have done that, set the firewall to HIGH. this will make your protection stronger and AVG will go with just about all email clients so you will be protected more better then you are with Norton.

When you have finished that, message me back on here and let me know how much virus's that you have that Norton did NOT pick up. :tazz: ;)

Edited by Tony_1983, 14 July 2005 - 06:42 PM.