Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

excel totals

• Please log in to reply

dhig3903

dhig3903

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
I am hoping somebody can tell me how to accomplish what I am trying to do. I have an excel spreadsheet with several pieces of my businesses inventory listed. Each piece of inventory may have 30 rows that make up the total for that piece of inventory. I have a column titled code that designates what each row is (eg - repair, interest, etc). I would like to get a total for each piece of equipment by code and then a grand total for each code for the entire sheet. I have approximately 500 pieces of inventory so needless to say it is a pretty large spreadsheet. Is what I am trying to do possible?

Thanks for any help or advice you can give.

Deanna

Advertisements

Ctrl_Alt_Del

Ctrl_Alt_Del

• PipPip
  • 74 posts
Have you looked at the Subtotal feature under Data on the menu bar?

jasonharrod

jasonharrod

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
Yes, it is possible, if you could zip the spreadsheet and post it up I would be happy to help you with it.

jman4001

jman4001

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
it is certainly possible, excel can do many amazing things... truly a great program, if only 1 person could fully understand every aspect...

try using the "auto-sum" feature. It should be on one of your toolbars. Its the greek letter sigma and can help you preform all sorts of mathematic functions mainly having to do with large amounts of data