Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

AVG 6.0

• Please log in to reply

Gunnie

Gunnie

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
I have my AVG 6.0 set to scan my pc everyday at 2:00 a.m. I have noticed since having a virus invade my computer that it doesn't show a virus detected anymore like it used to, but the AdAware indicates the virus is still there. I clicked on the details of a scan I did this morning, and this is what it said:

Results of Complete Test, date and time 10/20/2004 7:19:04 :

Testing C:\ serial B8B7-88EB
C:\HIBERFIL.SYS Cannot open; not checked!
C:\Documents and Settings\Kimberly Angel\NTUSER.DAT Cannot open; not checked!
C:\Documents and Settings\Kimberly Angel\ntuser.dat.LOG Cannot open; not checked!
C:\Documents and Settings\Kimberly Angel\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\WINDOWS\USRCLASS.DAT Cannot open; not checked!
C:\Documents and Settings\Kimberly Angel\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\WINDOWS\UsrClass.dat.LOG Cannot open; not checked!
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\NTUSER.DAT Cannot open; not checked!
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\ntuser.dat.LOG Cannot open; not checked!
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\WINDOWS\USRCLASS.DAT Cannot open; not checked!
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\WINDOWS\UsrClass.dat.LOG Cannot open; not checked!
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\NTUSER.DAT Cannot open; not checked!
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\ntuser.dat.LOG Cannot open; not checked!
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\WINDOWS\USRCLASS.DAT Cannot open; not checked!
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\WINDOWS\UsrClass.dat.LOG Cannot open; not checked!
C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\EventCache\{C9A13C7A-D759-43CA-8713-A2989E25CB6B}.bin Cannot open; not checked!
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM.LOG Cannot open; not checked!

Test finished, duration 00:19:13.4 s
24037 objects tested, 0 found infected

I think I've got a real nasty in there! <_<

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
What are the details of the virus Adaware finds?

Please run a free online virus scan here (tick the "Auto Clean" checkbox):
http://housecall.antivirus.com/

Please reboot into safe mode - How do I boot into "Safe" mode?.

Please delete your temporary files. Double Click My Computer (WinXP: Navigate to Start --->My Computer)
You will see an icon representing your harddrive (most likely C: Drive) Right Click on the hard drive icon and click Properties at the
bottom of the fly out window. One the very first tab (General) you will see a button labeled "Disk Cleanup"...click that button.
Make sure the following are checked:
Downloaded Program Files
Temporary Internet Files and
Recycle Bin

Click OK and Disk Cleanup will delete those files for you.

Reboot your PC. Let us know how it's working. <_<

Gunnie

Gunnie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
Nope. I click to download, and it's like I never clicked the go button. I then tried to download the PC-cillin, and I get a HTTP 403 (FORBIDDEN) message.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
In order to detect whether you are infected by HackDefender, please download this utility: http://bagpuss.swan....torv0[1].62.zip

Unzip and run rkdetector.exe Reply with the log, and any results.

Gunnie

Gunnie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
I'm still getting the 403 Forbidden page. It won't let me download.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Try downloading the attached file.

Attached Files

Gunnie

Gunnie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts