Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Printer Problems after re-install

• Please log in to reply

waynf

waynf

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,030 posts
Have just had Windows 98SE reinstalled.
Have printed all day various e-mails but all of a sudden printer stopped printing. I assumed it was in "time-out" stance.

I deleted and re-installed printer but to no avail.

However, when initializing printing and am presented with print confirmation window, it is checked as print all pages, but to the side of it it reads "print pages 1 to 1. If I delete the "1 in the second box, printer will print. Never had to do that before. What can be wrong.

Thanks ahead.

Waynf

Advertisements

waynf

waynf

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,030 posts
Further to my original post concerning printing problems with HP Deskjet540, if I don't uncheck second "1", printer icon is sent to systray, and disappears after a few seconds. If I remove second "1" in print confirmation window icon remains until print is initiated and printer prints as normal.