Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello all! Has anyone used the HDHosting.com host service? The pricing seems to
be too-good-to-be-true.... Are there hidden charges I should be aware of?
Also the TOS is a bit scary :-)

Many Thanks
R. Dave Lambert

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
If the TOS are "scary"....wouldn't that prompt you to stay away?? I know it would me. Have you checked out the pricing on GeeksToGo Hosting? I know firsthand that the service is incomparable, and the pricing is pretty darn good, too. :tazz:

• PipPipPip
  • 301 posts
They end up ripping you off in the long run, and in this case, short too.

The saying has always been true and still is with hosts: "You get what you pay for"

For starters there is nothing about uptime, they probably have a lot have a downtime..

Lastly, there site is new, a template that looks like many others, has broken links, and probably has very poor support.

Look for a host with no "scary terms", great support, and a reasonable price, not the lowest price.

My recommendations:

Windows Platform (.ASP handelling): Host My Site
Linux Platform (PHP handelling): Netfirms

I recommend PHP over ASP, but one downside to netfirms is their phone support is in canada, so if your in the US your phone plan probably won't cover that.

However, they have pretty good e-mail support, and Live chat support..which is supposed to be for sales support but you can use it as technical support also.

Good luck choosing a host!
Any questions you know where to find me :tazz: