Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Video editing PC Hardware suggestions

• Please log in to reply

THL3

THL3

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I need to build a video editing PC for football film editing.
AMD/INTELL?? Dual cores?? Lots of ram I know..Also anyone with info on
DVD duplicators. Thanks.

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
For video editing alone a dual core intel cpu is the best(much as i hate to say) If you use it for other things and like to play the odd game a AMD x2 would be a good bet they are also cheaper than the intels. Get a stacker and 11 dvd burners to make lots of dvds that would be a funny sight to see.

hudihoo

hudihoo

• PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
ok i used a computer in a video editing class that had a 700mhz processor and 256 ram. it ran fine kind of slow so you don't need anything that special. But if you can afford it it will make a difference i reccomend a program from avid. They make great video software. Universal uses avid as they softwarefor making movies. It is the best but hard to use. Get a book to learn all the tricks.

Hemal

Hemal

Founding Fart

• Technician
  • 1,470 posts
For the hardware i would recommend something powered by AMD -much cheaper and larger harddrives as well as a great video card...how much of a budget do you have?

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Yeah for modern video editing with 3d effects and such a newer computer is required. For really simple editing a slower computer is ok. But if you want modern effects and such and to do it quickly with good resolutions you will need a fairly powerful PC. With lots of RAM 2GB for a bit of speed and at least two hard drives.

Edited by warriorscot, 16 July 2005 - 01:38 PM.

hudihoo2

hudihoo2

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
the class i took was last year all digital cameras high end 3d it ws slow doing things but you can get away with 512ram and a P4 or amd 3200
if you can afford the 2gig ram and better harddrive will go better but not necessary if on a budget.

OneCool

OneCool

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts
be nice to see your budget :tazz:

THL3

THL3

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thanks for the feed back, been on vacation the last week.
My budget in the $2000/$2500 range just for the box. :tazz: