Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Best antivirus software?

• Please log in to reply

scf2510

scf2510

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
I am about to buy a new antivirus program. I just don't want to get one that is going to be a piece of crap. I've been reading that "the Shield 2005" is really good but reviews are sometimes useless if they are sponsored by someone that can benefit from the review. Any suggestions?

Advertisements

S A A B

S A A B

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts
NOD32 is a very good AV. It is a little hard to set the correct settings but if you set them right, you'll have a great AV.

AVG free is a good free AV. It's easy to use and finds almost all infections. Sometimes it will find an infected file but it can't delete it or heal it. In those cases, just follow the path shown in the scanner to the file and delete it yourself (if it's not important of course).

The best overall AV is Kaspersky.
The best free AV is AntiVir

Emery

Edited by S A A B, 15 July 2005 - 01:12 AM.

samiko

samiko

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 424 posts
S A A B I will give NOD32 a try I am using Avast AV and never had any virus problems.

S A A B

S A A B

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts
Samiko, I hope NOD32 works as well as Avast AV for you.

Emery

samiko

samiko

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 424 posts
I will give it a try and let you know :tazz:

splintax

splintax

• PipPip
  • 54 posts
My favourite is also avast! anti-virus :tazz: