Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

problem with forms when logged on as "user"

• Please log in to reply

debonwolf

debonwolf

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Guys and girls, when i install and use a certain program as an administrator all the forms of the program display ok. However when i log in as a user certain forms do not display properly.

can anyone give me any advice?

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Part of your administrative duties is the assign to your users access to the programs. You probably just have to to do that. Noblese Oblige!

Edited by Tyger, 15 July 2005 - 07:50 AM.

debonwolf

debonwolf

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
hi;
sorry about the long time it took to reply. Had to do the malware scan on 2 computers and i feel sick for a while.
Anyway i have some scan reports for you to check out and i want u to know that the problem has been fixed.
Question:
if i don't allow the "user group" access to a file but i allow a specific user within the "user group" access to a file.
Will that cause a problem?

Here are the scan reports:
---------------------------------------------------------
ewido security suite - Scan report

+ Created on: 4:20:28 PM, 7/19/2005
+ Report-Checksum: B8F3A8C8

+ Scan result:

C:\old\computer#2\Documents and Settings\sales.123-SUPPLY2\Cookies\[email protected][1].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.2o7 : Cleaned with backup
C:\old\Documents and Settings\sales\Cookies\sales@ivwbox[1].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Ivwbox : Cleaned with backup
C:\old\Documents and Settings\sales\Cookies\sales@paypopup[1].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Paypopup : Cleaned with backup

::Report End

ewido security suite - Scan report

+ Created on: 4:26:28 PM, 8/3/2005
+ Report-Checksum: CFA15C7B

+ Scan result:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Extensions\{c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} -> Spyware.Alexa : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\sales.123-SUPPLY2\Cookies\sales@centrport[1].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Centrport : Cleaned with backup

::Report End

Thanks for the help again.

p.s. do u do linux?