Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

problem with my computer

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

jessica88

jessica88

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I am 16 years old, and don't know much about computers. I need some help...I didn't know who to ask, since my mom doesnt know, and my dad doesnt know anything about using a computer.

One time when I was on the internet, something interrupted me and a black screen came up, and it was like searching for stuff on my computer. It stopped, and said "disc read error, press cntrl+alt+Delete to restart." Well, when I do that, it goes through the same process to where it tells me "disc read error, press cntrl+alt+Delete to restart." It has been doing that every time I turn the computer on.

I have looked all over for some kind of manual or cd that goes with the computer, but my grandpa gave me the computer, but didnt have anything with it. Someone at my work said I might need a DOS boot disc, which I have no idea what that is. Could someone please help me? If you could please email me with some help at [email protected] Thank you so much! :tazz:

~Jessica

Advertisements

OSC

OSC

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 301 posts
Duplicate thread. Please see http://www.geekstogo...ter-t44388.html