Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Downloader Virus [CLOSED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

No Where To Go

No Where To Go

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Thanks so much for your help, it is truly appreciated!!!

I am presently running spy bot & Adware, should I also download those that you have suggested??

Also, what do I do with all of the back up folders showing on my desktop??

Furthermore, I am presently running the Google Toolbar with it's pop up stopper, what do you think of this tool??

I previously ran pop up defender/ pop up cop which has been removed & I still noticed some files when we ran hijack, should we remove them as well??

Respectfully submitted,

Gary

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Administrator
  • 24,501 posts

I am presently running spy bot & Adware, should I also download those that you have suggested??

These are good for removing infections, the other programs recommended are good at preventing infections.

Also, what do I do with all of the back up folders showing on my desktop??

If you haven't noticed any new problems, go ahead and delete them.

Furthermore, I am presently running the Google Toolbar with it's pop up stopper, what do you think of this tool??

Google's pop-up blocker is very good, we highly recommend it.

I previously ran pop up defender/ pop up cop which has been removed & I still noticed some files when we ran hijack, should we remove them as well??

It's okay, won't cause any problems. If you've removed the program from add/remove programs, but it still shows in the hijack log you can go ahead and remove the residual traces.

You're Welcome <_<

No Where To Go

No Where To Go

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Hi again,
Things seem to be working much better now, you guys are great & I thank you very much for all of your help.

I tried to download spywareblaster as you recommended, however, when I went to my desktop to open it, is said that there were missing files & that I needed to install Windows XP Professional Edition CD in & I wasn't sure what to do , so I removed it until I spoke to you guys about it??
What should I do??

Thanks,

Gary

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Administrator
  • 24,501 posts
From Spywareblaster's site: <_<

Common User Issues/Missing Files:
Does SpywareBlaster not run, and report that a file named "msvbvm60.dll" is missing?
If so, downloading the following MS run-time installer will install the missing file and
allow you to use SpywareBlaster without any problems:
http://download.micr.../vbrun60sp5.exe

Do you get an error that "MSCOMCTL.OCX" cannot be found?
If so, use the following installer to copy the file to your system:
http://www.javacools...ngfilesetup.exe

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.