Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer freeze up

• Please log in to reply

old momma

old momma

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
I forgot to tell you when I restarted it, there was no BSO or Stop #.

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
OK, when you are up and running before the system freezes,

start > run, type
eventvwr.msc
<enter>

Look under systems and applications for items with red Xs that happened at the SAME time as your problem...list them here.[/code]

old momma

old momma

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
I did like to told me to, but, this message came upon the screen:
MMC cannot open the file C:\WINDOWS\System 32\eventvwr.
This maybe becouse the file does not exit , is not an MMC Console, or was
created by a later version of MMC. This may also be because you do not have sufficeient access rights to the file.
I went to event viewer and it would not let me in, same message.
I went to properties to get target, and I do not under stand it.
Target % system Root %\system 32\eventvwe.msc/s
It would not let me into any of the admisistrative Tools.
Can you tell me how I can get into them? Thank You, very much. Brenda

old momma

old momma

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
I just seen that blue screen again and I got the codes.
Stop: 0x0000000A (0x00000008,0x00000002,0x00000000,0x804EC3CE)
Beginning dump of physical memory. I hope this will help sir.

I just got that screen again, and there are some different codes now also.
Stop: 0x000000A (0xC0000005, 0x804E9DF7,0xF3D81C78,0x00000000
I think I will go to Microsoft and try to find out what some of the codes mean.
I will check back here before I go to bed. Thanks.

Edited by old momma, 20 July 2005 - 08:54 PM.

old momma

old momma

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
still have problem with it freezing up, have a mmc code, where I cannot get into
event viewer, utilities or nothing. Has everyone given up on me? Well I understand, Thank all of you for your help.

old momma

old momma

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
Have a new motherboard on its way, STRom maybe correct, I have replaced everthing else, it has to be the motherboard. I have never done that before and I am very worried about trying it, but I don't see how I can hurt it, it's not doing me any good just setting here.

old momma

old momma

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
OK, I am back, had 2 mother boards, no good, will never buy them off the web again. anyways had a 462 asus mobo, now I went to a computer shop and got a board today not a fancy one, but he should me it would post. It is a Biostar mobo.
socket 478 Bought a new Intel Pentium 4 Proccessor, new heatsink and Fan, when I get this thing back together and it freezes up, the only thing that can cause it is the case it is in. I need help getting it back together, I have the mobo installed, the 2 drives, CD rom, and dvd player, but i have some wires that I do not know what they are for or where they go.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi old momma...

Can you describe the wires for us...there are a bunch of them in there....Some may not be used.

wannabe1

Edited by wannabe1, 09 September 2005 - 09:09 PM.

old momma

old momma

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
Please overlook me, I should have known you would need to know about which wires, I am just getting sick of this computer, anyways it is some of the wiring that comes out of the power supply, so I am sure I do not need them. I did get up the
nerve about 2:30 this morning to plug it up and nothing happened, not nothing, so
all I could do this morning is just sit and stare at it, I know the board is different, I really think I have everthing pluged in correctly, it just should have done something, a beep a light. just something. any suggestions?

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
old momma...

The two main connectors on the mother board (some use only one...some use both) must be connected...one will be long with 20 pin connectors the other will be small and square and have 4 connectors...check to see that one or both os these are connected and seated snugly.

Have you connected the front panel bus? this will be a bunch of small pins (very small) usually located on the lower right of the MoBo (near the CMOS Battery) and will look like :::::: These should be connected to a bunch of wires coming from the front of your machine with small rectangular connectors on the ends. The MoBo will be labeled (very small print) as are the connectors on the wires...these must be connected properly or your power switch, lights, etc...will not work. Refer to the documentation that came with your MoBo for the diagram and instructions on connecting these...they must be correct!

I hope you are using a static strap or are grounding yourself to your machine while working around the MoBo...static discharge can damage the delicate components there!

Let me know how it goes...

wannabe1

Edited by wannabe1, 10 September 2005 - 12:41 PM.

Advertisements

old momma

old momma

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
Thank you for your reply, I did connect anyother power supply to it and it did not work, now I did check the 20 pin and the 4 pin connectors from the psu and they are cliped in good, now the littlet pins at the bottom, I had marked them so I would know where they went, but this board is different, so I am trying to understand this diagram in the booklet, but not doing very good at it, had to take a break or rip the wires out, just kidding to much tied up in this. And yes I learned to ground my self each and every time I start to put my hand inside the case. I guess you can tell this is the first time I have done this. I had read alot of topics there that you have listed, I printed out the fonerbooks.com on how to install a motherboard. My daughter who knows less than me about them computers but can see better than me just hooked the small connectors at the bottom and nothing, but I still say we have them wrong, I am going to go back to the fonerbooks and see if I can fined a more detailed page on these. I will check back in alittle bit to see if you can help me get these connected. Thank You.

old momma

old momma

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
You can finally clear all 3 of my topics, IT IS FIXED. I sent it out to a repair shop, I did have everything installed correct, except the wires that go to the front of the computer. It was worth 70.00 just to get it fixed, now I just have to reload everything on it. Thank You for your help anyways. Brenda

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Yepper!

That front panel bus can be a tricky one! (post # 25) Glad you got it all fixed up. old momma. :tazz:

Thanks for posting back with the resolution....

wannabe1

Edited by wannabe1, 14 September 2005 - 09:40 PM.