Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

graphics card trouble

• Please log in to reply

Zaros

Zaros

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
i just bought myself a new ATI Radeon 9250 card for my PC. Currently im using a NVIDIA GeForce2 MX PCI card. Im wantting to get my new AGP card up and running, but whenever i hook in the VGA cable to the ATI's VGA slot i get a check sig cable error on my monitor. The drivers have been installd for the AGP card and are all there and say they are working fine, but alsa the only vid card working is still my PCI card...
why exactly the AGP card wont send any signal at all is beyond me...

any ideas??? :tazz:

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
you have to uninstall the other card then put the new one back in

Zaros

Zaros

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
so just take the PCI card one out and disable the driver for it? that will do it?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
yeah

Zaros

Zaros

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
ok, just gave that a try, diabled my PCI vid card driver and removed it, restarted my PC and the moniter just stay'd blank showing a solid white screen :/

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
check your monitor settings as far as contrast and brightness

Zaros

Zaros

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
ill check, and if its them to im going to slap myself cuz i should know better then that lol

Zaros

Zaros

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
gave that a try, and yes it was one problem, but now when i start it all up it flickers for about 1-2 seconds (black screen) then cuts back flashs and goes white again, try'd messing with brightness and contrast there and that didnt work