Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook 2000

• Please log in to reply

Anne

Anne

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
<_< I just switched computers for one of our users on our network that also has a MS Exchange 2000 server. He was able to received his e-mail but I can't seem to locate his .pst file to bring in his contact list. When I log onto the server as administrator, I can open the Administrator folder in the mailboxes on the Exchange server, but I'm not allowed to open any of the other mailbox folders. I just can't figure out where to access his personal contacts.

To further my frustration, I thought maybe part of the problem was that I set up his account under an existing profile (a former employee's name), so I created a new profile under the current employee's name (all of the e-mail addressing information is correct under the new profile), deleted the old profile and now he doesn't get anything in his Outlook! Outlook is still configured under the old profile if I log in as the Administrator and I get his e-mail. I'm afraid to delete the old profile under Administrator because right now I can at least have him receive and send e-mails. I thought maybe the different profiles were creating a conflict, but I'm afraid to change anything right now. He won't be able to do anything if that doesn't work.

I don't understand why his personal contact list is not coming up under his network I.D. and now I don't know why he's not getting his e-mail at all!

I hope you understand what I'm trying to explain. If I'm not clear on something, let me know.

Thank you!
Anne

Advertisements

Anne

Anne

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
Just thought I'd let you know that this has been taken care of and it can be closed. Thanks!

Spank_Me

Spank_Me

• PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
Just to inform everyone else, for mail folders in your inbox the file extension is .PST, for your contacts or personal address book, the extension is .PAB, you can normally find them by doing a search - all files and folders - C: drive or Network drive, depending how you are set up, and then *.pst <_<