Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Deeeep Rooted Spyware - Can anyone prove miracles? [CLOSED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

geller-bing

geller-bing

• Pip
  • 1 posts
First timer, hi all... So, I've had this problem on my PC for 48hrs. When I start up, I go to load explorer (I'm on Telewest Broadband). It starts by taking forever to load, then only stays connected for about 1 minute before coming up with 'page not displayed'. I have rung EVERYONE. I have downloaded Ad-Aware and Microsoft Spyware. They cleared up for loads of Kazaa crap (I uninstalled weeks ago). I did this repeatedly until there was nothing more to delete. Then I went back onto the net, same thing. Connects, then page not 'displayed'. my IP Address has been checked and Blueyonder said that there was nothing wrong with their connection, it was between my explorer and PC.

I then downloaded XoftSpy (?) and it scanned my comp. It said I have something.. GrayBird. I found out it is Trogen Horse, but it told me I had to purchase XoftSpy in order to cure the problem. I searched and searched and no where on my computer said I had this Trogen Virus. I thought maybe XoftSpy said I had it so I would purchase their progamme. Can this happen?

I also have AVG... and hope that someone chooses to read this... I work from home and have been driven to tears by the folk at Blueyonder, they all know me down there. So, I have tried everything. Why oh why has this happened... I'm not asking for a miracle, but I'm starting to feel helpless and am now expecting the worst. To wipe the drive clean. Does anyone have a suggestion? Pleeeeeease????

Advertisements

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
Hello! First of all, please UNINSTALL Xoft-Spy. It is not a good program. It is on the "Rogue" Anti-Spyware list, because it gives false positives in order to try and get you to buy their program.

I need to see a HijackThis log in order to see what is going on and be able to help you. Please go HERE and follow the steps to download and get a HJT log. Please post it here in a reply.

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.