Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

I need someone who knows alot about

• Please log in to reply

logan11

logan11

• PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
I REALLY need someone who knows ALOT about video cards to write me a driver for an NVIDIA TNT. You see, I'm running on XP Pro, and the card only recognizes '95-2000... and my screen is dark and i can't see stuff.

Thanks in advance,
logan11

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
When I plug this into Google

+driver +download +XP "NVIDIA TNT"

I get lots of sites for XP drivers for that card, including this one

http://drivers.soft3...ro-66232-5.html

and you can go to the Nvidia site and browse to make sure you get the exact one for your card. You may have an older installation disk. Many mfrs. sites have new and updated software for even quite old hardware.

logan11

logan11

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
ok so i did that, it said that it was an older version, but i did it anyway. everything is the same, its still dark >.<

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

ok so i did that, it said that it was an older version, but i did it anyway. everything is the same, its still dark >.<

View Post

Did you look at the card to get the exact part number and search for the drivers on the Nvidia site?

logan11

logan11

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
now im not sure how to do that, and when i typed in the exact card name it didnt come up

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Well, this may be one of those rare occasions where you just can't get the driver anymore. Maybe if you tell us the exact part number someone will have an idea.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
It is unlikely that anyone is going to make a windows xp driver for a gfx card from the dark ages, maybe you should put windows 2000 on the computer. It wouldnt be hard to replace it with something more up to date a 20-40 pounds will get you a pci fx 5200. And even in america it wont be expensive.

logan11

logan11

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
well its not my comp and they dont want to switch :-/

but thanks for all your help guys, I feel better knowing I tried :tazz:.

and 4 years ago isn't the Dark Ages.... even in a joking form

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
But it was the days before lovely TFTs and large flat screen CRTs were indeed dark.
If it works for them just leave it, you cant really moan about someone elses computer if they are letting you use it.

logan11

logan11

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
well they wont it changed too, but dont wanna spend money lol