Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 2000 Professional

• Please log in to reply

DonnieD

DonnieD

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I purchased a used Win 2000 Pro Vectra VL system at the Flea Market, tis there anyway to get past the password box...I tried booting from the floppy, and a bootable CD but it always bypasses both even though I changed the boot priority...any suggestions anyone??? I guess I could keep the monitor and toss the CPU, but I paid $75.00 bucks so I thought it was worth the shot.

Advertisements

The_Sloth

The_Sloth

• PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
There's no need to get rid of anything. You can either buy a copy of 2000 or XP and install it, replacing the existing Windows install, or you can find a program to break the password and gain access to the system as is. Search on Google for a program called ERD Commander. This program will allow you to change the administrator password on the PC and thereby gain full access to it. If you can find a copy of that program, I can help you use it if need be. It's quite simple to use, but if you have any questions let me know.