Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Ad watch plus

• Please log in to reply

Andrea44

Andrea44

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I installed Ad Watch plus and I have come across a problem recently. When it blocks a cookie or other item it won't let me shut down my computer by going to the start button and then shut down. It tries but just stays on. I also lose my Ad Watch icon in the lower tray when this happens. Has anyone else had this problem with this software and if so, how do I fix it. I wrote an email to their customer service but to no avail, so far.
Thanks in advance.
Andrea :tazz:

Advertisements

St0rm

St0rm

banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
Hey I have Ad Watch as well but I recommend not using it for two main reasons.

1. It causes several conflicts with different programs and many times prevents them from running.
2. If you hit a site that has vicious spyware on it, ad watch will try to block the spyware, but will be unsuccessful. It will continue making endless attempts to remove the malicious file(s) until your comp either freezes or you close the program and disconnect from the internet.

If you want good prevention programs see below:

Spywareblaster - SpywareBlaster will prevent spyware from being installed.
Spywareguard - SpywareGuard offers realtime protection from spyware installation attempts.
Google Toolbar - Get the free google toolbar to help stop pop up windows.

Edited by St0rm, 15 July 2005 - 11:31 PM.