Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Something I love

• Please log in to reply

Jared

Jared

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
Now the only problem with this download for some reason it wouldn't Download for My dads bros and moms pcs it only worked for mine..But i love it, It is Microsoft's spyware seach...It is a beta was one for some time it is free and it works fine, When ever my pc runs slow and I :tazz: yell at it I just turn on the spy ware thing and it finds everything from ad ware to trogens! (warning I suck at spelling lol) here is the link if anyone wants to try it out...If you got something better let me know always looking to improve my PC....

http://www.microsoft...&displaylang=en

Advertisements

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
Hi Jared. Many of us have been using M/S Anti-Spyware for awhile now. It is a good program! Here are some others we recommend:

Spyware/Adware Detection and Removal Programs:
Understanding Spyware, Browser Hijackers, and DialersAd-Aware SEIf you suspect that you have spyware installed on your computer, here are instructions on how to setup and use Ad-Aware SE
How to use Ad-Aware SE to remove Spyware
[/list]Spybot S&DIf you suspect that you have spyware installed on your computer, here are instructions on how to setup and use Spybot S&D
How to use Spybot to remove Spyware
[/list]I strongly recommend using both of these programs to catch most spyware/adware

Prevention Programs:
  • SpywareBlaster -- SpywareBlaster will prevent spyware from being installed.
  • SpywareGuard -- SpywareGuard offers realtime protection from spyware installation attempts.
  • IE/Spyad -- IE/Spyad places over 4000 websites and domains in the IE Restricted list which will severely impair attempts to infect your system. It basically prevents any downloads (Cookies etc) from the sites listed, although you will still be able to connect to the sites.
  • MVPS Hosts File -- The MVPS Hosts File replaces your current HOSTS file with one containing well know ad sites etc. Basically, this prevents your coputer from connecting to those sites by redirecting them to 127.0.0.1 which is your local computer.
  • Google Toolbar -- Get the free Google Toolbar to help stop pop up windows.
Other Necessary Programs:
  • A More Secure Browser
    Internet Explorer is not the most secure and best browser.
    There are safer and better alternatives available. I recommend using Firefox

Jared

Jared

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
I do have Spy Bot Search and destory I use that and MS ASW I will try that other one thanks alot :tazz:

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
The one mentioned above finds lots of thing that it dose not.