Something I love
Posted 15 July 2005 - 07:42 PM
Posted 15 July 2005 - 07:45 PM
Spyware/Adware Detection and Removal Programs:
Understanding Spyware, Browser Hijackers, and DialersAd-Aware SEIf you suspect that you have spyware installed on your computer, here are instructions on how to setup and use Ad-Aware SE
How to use Ad-Aware SE to remove Spyware
[/list]Spybot S&DIf you suspect that you have spyware installed on your computer, here are instructions on how to setup and use Spybot S&D
How to use Spybot to remove Spyware
[/list]I strongly recommend using both of these programs to catch most spyware/adware
- SpywareBlaster -- SpywareBlaster will prevent spyware from being installed.
- SpywareGuard -- SpywareGuard offers realtime protection from spyware installation attempts.
- IE/Spyad -- IE/Spyad places over 4000 websites and domains in the IE Restricted list which will severely impair attempts to infect your system. It basically prevents any downloads (Cookies etc) from the sites listed, although you will still be able to connect to the sites.
- MVPS Hosts File -- The MVPS Hosts File replaces your current HOSTS file with one containing well know ad sites etc. Basically, this prevents your coputer from connecting to those sites by redirecting them to 127.0.0.1 which is your local computer.
- Google Toolbar -- Get the free Google Toolbar to help stop pop up windows.
- A More Secure Browser
Internet Explorer is not the most secure and best browser.
There are safer and better alternatives available. I recommend using Firefox
Posted 15 July 2005 - 07:53 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users