Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

CPU FAN

• Please log in to reply

kizzletharizzle

kizzletharizzle

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
Hi,

My Compaq Evo N600 is running with Win XP Pro and I want to figure out what kind of CPU fan I have. If you have never used this laptop, I would tell you, it get extremely hot. Therefore, I want to figure out if there're better CPU fans out there, than the one I have. So, where should I? (the option of taking off the cover doesn't sound too pleasing)

And since I've asked, maybe you'd also know if Win XP has any utility, other than Bios, that would let me see the temperature inside this baby ?

Thanks !

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
I don't know what your "default" temps are, but you can download mobile meter... it's free! The page is in japanese (I think, as I can't read anything), but the link is at the top.

http://www.geocities...y-Oakland/8259/

As for your fan, I would advise you to visit the compaq forums at HP. Here is the Business forum front page. Just do a searh for say... "n600 fan".

http://forums2.itrc....me.do?forumId=2

makai

kizzletharizzle

kizzletharizzle

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
Thanks,
Will do !