Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Vertical Sync

• Please log in to reply

mycompsux

mycompsux

• PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
Very basic questions here: Is it recommended that one should enable "sync ever frame" in a game such as Call of Duty. What is vertical sync's function? I usually keep it off. Does it enhance performance?

Edited by mycompsux, 16 July 2005 - 12:35 AM.

Advertisements

mycompsux

mycompsux

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
bump

operation ivy

operation ivy

• PipPip
  • 88 posts
try googling..

http://www.google.ca...le Search&meta=

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
yes, as a cod sever admin and avid cod player it is recomended to not sync every frame. it results with higher frame rates for the player.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Question is does it look better with it on.

DeV1Se

DeV1Se

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Ive noticed less jagged edges on some textures with it on.... try lookin at the vents on the magnum gun on counterstrike source with it on n off... much smoother when enabled whereas the card has trouble smoothing the lines when its not activated.... i think so anyway.

MOLEXRULZ

MOLEXRULZ

• PipPipPip
  • 346 posts
No, its a useless feature. Just kills your FPS. I wouldnt use it unless your getting 100+ fps without it.