Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

malfunctioning laptops

• Please log in to reply

drats666

drats666

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
laptop1: dell inspiron 1100
problem: alot of the keys aren't working u press them and nothing happens. and on the monitor there
are black circles like eclipse. i dont think there dead pixels because when the laptop is turned off
i can still see the black spots.

laptop2: dell inspiron 2600
problem: some the keys wont work( right ctrl button, equal button, delete button,left & right arrow
button). also the keys will go into shortcut mode(like ctrl plus p equals print) i think it does this
because one of my ctrl keys are stuck(not phyicaly but um idk) my microsoft word told me that my ctrl
key is being pressed and warned me to start word in safe mode.

please help,
i'm in college taking courses that require a computer.(computer courses like networking)and without
working computers i can't do my homework. my parents would kill me if i failed since there paying for
it.i'm 17 and in college they had to get loans(so did i) for me to go to college.
also the on screen keyboard does the problems also. i think its still because of my phyical keyboard
having the ctrl key stuck(not phyicaly)

Edited by drats666, 15 July 2005 - 11:01 PM.

Advertisements