Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

• Please log in to reply

Hey Just checking about this.

I have no virus or spyware on my computer and I was just wondering something.

rundll32.exe is showing twice in that windows Task manager, is this normal?

I have not noticed any adnormal things happening.

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts
rundll32.exe is a process which executes DLL's an places their libraries into the memory, so they can be used more efficiently by applications.This program is important for the stable and secure running of your computer and should not be terminated.

Note: rundll32.exe is also a process which is registered as the W32.Miroot.Worm. This Trojan allows attackers to access your computer, stealing passwords and personal data. It is a registered security risk and should be removed immediately.

Maybe one of your rundll32.exes is good and one is evil.

I worked it out that one of them is for my grahpics card software cause I have like that tasbar trasparent.

But as I said, there is no virus on my computer can I have already scanned it and scanned it for spyware and it come back clean.