Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

YPager log

• Please log in to reply

chiquita77

chiquita77

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=7][COLOR=purple]

Hi I am a first time user of the forum. I had been using yahoo messenger on my PC, but I upgraded the messenger to the newer version and I accidentaly deleted a file a need called YPager Log. Can someone please tell me how I can recover YPager log and begin using messenger again. Thanks a lot for your help.

Advertisements

chiquita77

chiquita77

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
:tazz: can someone please help me?

chiquita77

chiquita77

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
:tazz:

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi chiquita77...Welcome to G2G!

Sorry about the delay...do you still require assistance?

wannabe1

chiquita77

chiquita77

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
Yes I still do need help with this. Thanks so much for replying :tazz: I would appreciate any help you can provide.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hello chiquita77...

Did you delete this file yourself or did it just kind of disappear during the install?

wannabe1

chiquita77

chiquita77

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
Hi, I think it just disappeared during the uninstall. Thank you

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hello chiquita77...

Probably the quickest way to recover this file would be to reinstall the Yahoo Messenger. Be sure to download a fresh install in case your previous download was flawed or corrupt. Is it the new Beta version that you are installing?

Note: Be sure to uninstall the previous installation from...Start > Control Panel > Add / Remove Programs...before installing the new copy.

wannabe1

chiquita77

chiquita77

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
I tried and did install the program, but it says "messenger cannot connect" when I imput my username and password. For some reason my internet connection is not being recognized. Thanks!

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
chiquita77... :tazz:

Now let's get you connected....

How do you connect to the internet? Dial up? LAN? It would help to know. Also, do you have a firewall?

In the Yahoo! Messenger window click on "Messenger" and choose "Preferences". In the box under the heading "Connections", put a tick in the button labeled "No Network Detection" and see what happens. (There have been some issues in this area.)

Hope this works for you.

wannabe1

Advertisements

chiquita77

chiquita77

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
Thank you for all of youor help, but even doing that is not working ;) . You asked if I was trying to install the beta edition, yes I am trying install it. Again thanks so much :tazz:

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hello chiquita77,

How do you connect to the internet? It would really help me help you if I had a little more information. Do you have a firewall and what kind is it? We may have to enable some permissions to get Messenger to connect...we'll just keep plugging away at it.

wannabe1

chiquita77

chiquita77

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
Thanks for such quick replies! I use DSL to connect and I am running Windows 98 SE. Thanks!!

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
chiquita77...

If you connect through DSL, does your provider require a proxy? You may have to enable the HTTP Proxy and type in the server name. Give your ISP a call and ask them for that information. I have pesonally never hooked up through a DSL, but will check with one of our providers in the morning to see if they know of any issues with this version of Messenger.

wannabe1

chiquita77

chiquita77

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
Hi I contacted my service provider but they said they coould not help me. :tazz: so hopefully I'll be able to resolve this. Thanks so much