Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Two desktops

• Please log in to reply

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
I want to have some thing that I can press so that I can have two set of desktop icons. how can I set this up? any answers?

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts

two set of desktop icons

What exactly does this mean? Shortcuts?

makai

S A A B

S A A B

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts
Do you want two monitors?

Emery

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
Thank you for the responce. This is what I mean when looking at the desktop You see a set of icons, well I want to be able to chang this set to another set of icons by pressing a button. Is there a way to do this if not just tell me an I will for get it. Thank you very much.

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
Thank you for the responce. This is what I mean when looking at the desktop You see a set of icons(shortcuts), well I want to be able to change this set to another set of icons(shortcuts) by pressing a button. Is there a way to do this if not just tell me an I will for get it. Thank you very much.

S A A B

S A A B

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts
Tune-up winstyler has something like what you might want. It lets you change nearly all windows icons to whatever you would like.

Emery

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Michael Buckley,
Are u talking about multiple virtual desktops?

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts

Michael Buckley,
Are u talking about multiple virtual desktops?

View Post

Yes that is what I am trying to say, thank you for the wording.

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Ok, then go to Microsoft's Power Toys Webpage and download the Virtual Desktop Manager.

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
Close but no quite right, this give me the option of have four differant backgrounds and four set of aplications open but the icon(shortcuts) set for one applys to all. Any other segestions?