Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Audigy2 ZS - Graphic issues.

• Please log in to reply

OrcaTheTomato

OrcaTheTomato

• Pip
  • 2 posts
System spec:

AMD Athlon 64 2.2GHz.
2Gig Ram.
XFX GeForce 6800GY.
Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS (upgrades from Sound Blaster Live).

I am having problems with my PC since I installed a Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS.
The day after I have noticed that when I run some movies (Windows Media files) and DVDs the colours are corrupted (but this does not affect Quicktime movies, The windows desktop or games). :tazz:

I have updated the drivers for both the sound card and graphics card, as well as the latest direct x drivers.

Any help on this problem would be very useful. ;)

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go. If you didn't clean the previous drivers from your system this may be worth a try. Get Driver Cleaner at http://www.drivercleaner.net/. Make sure you have the current driver for your sound card and video card available to install. Then go to add/remove programs and removed the drivers. Then boot into safe mode and run driver cleaner TWICE, each time deleting all that it finds. Do this for the audio driver as well as the video driver. Then re-boot and install the current drivers.

OrcaTheTomato

OrcaTheTomato

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I have solved the problem. :tazz:

While searching the Internet, I found another forum were someone else had this problem.

Windows media files showing strange colour schemes (white / bright colours).
They found that the problem was with the Nvidia 77.72 driver. When they went back to a previous version (I used 66.93) the fault had gone.

I am not sure if there is some problem with the nVidia divers and windows media player, but by installing an older version I have got rid of the fault. ;)

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
You should contact Nvidia and make sure they know about it allthough they probably know allready. They also might be able to fix it so you can use the latest driver.