Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DVD Help?

• Please log in to reply

Pianoman16

Pianoman16

• PipPipPip
  • 183 posts
I was told by a friend that just about anyone that has a CD-R can put a movie on a cd. He told me to download a movie in .avi format and convert it to .mpeg. The from there just burn it on a cd as a data file. Heres the problem. I got the movie and tried to convert it to .mpeg, which was succesful. Now the two part of the movie were both 227 MB before converting, when i went to put them on the cd they were borth 1.19 GB. What do I do to make it work? :tazz:

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
When .mpegs are loaded to a cd they usually have the .dat extension, not the .mpeg extension. Another thing is there are several different formats for .mpegs, some more suited to making into a cd.

Pianoman16

Pianoman16

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts
Can you explain more in detail, and possibly try and help me? :tazz:

gust0208

gust0208

• PipPipPip
  • 311 posts
Hello!

There is a freeware program that will help you with these steps and it is very easy to use. VCDGear [http://www.vcdgear.com/] that allows to rip MPEG files from VCD dat files and lets you compile a VCD disc image by simply adding each MPEG file as a separate track! I have this program for some time and been very happy with it and it is a freeware program with no spy/adware.

Hope that help!

Cheers,
Tom

I was told by a friend that just about anyone that has a CD-R can put a movie on a cd.  He told me to download a movie in .avi format and convert it to .mpeg.  The from there just burn it on a cd as a data file.  Heres the problem.  I got the movie and tried to convert it to .mpeg, which was succesful.  Now the two part of the movie were both 227 MB before converting, when i went to put them on the cd they were borth 1.19 GB.  What do I do to make it work? :tazz:

View Post