Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help me plaese. Can't load two discs?

• Please log in to reply

bernieslavenwasgod

bernieslavenwasgod

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi Guys,

Please bare with me i'm new to these sites. in fact this is my first post so i'll try and get to the point. Also hope this is posted in the correct place.

I have a dell dimensions 5000 home pc. however i am having problems loading games. i can load any game with one disc and play them no problems. however if it has more than one disc ie: doom3, call of duty i can't load them. I place disc one in and that seems to load and asks me to put disc two i. which i do. nothing happens at all. ( when i say nothing the disc drive seems to start readinig the disc but then nothing happens, i even left disc two in for doom overnight.) I have tried pressing the shift key to let the computer dis-enable auto run. I have contacted dell and they seem to have no answer(if i'm honest more like washed there hands). I was told by activision when i contacted them to manually install doom 3 by opening a new destination folder????? haven't got a clue how to do that either. as you can tell i'm a bit of a novice at this computer stuff. Has anybody had the same problem?? am i doing something wrong?? is my system stuffed?? i've only had the system since 25th april 2005.i'm starting to get to the point where i've got no hair left to pull out. :tazz: ;) ;) :help: :help:

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
not a normal issue. do you have any cd emulation software installed, like acohol 120 for example?

create a folder on your hdd. drag the cd icon into the folder and it will copy the cd contents to that folder. some games like battlefield 2 have specific instructions on how to do this.

create a folder called doom3. under that folder create 3 folders. call them disk1, disk2, disk3. copy the contents of each cd into each folder. run the install and see what happens.