Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cannot delete corrupted user profile

• Please log in to reply

RoxieVelma

RoxieVelma

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
I had a problem with my user profile and copied it to a new profile. All parts of it copied over but NTuser. Now it says I cannot delete my corrupted user profile, because NTuser is in use, even though I am logged in in the new profile. I have tried everything I know of Does anyone else have any ideas? I now have TWO user profiles containing all the same information and it now takes twice as long to do spyware and virus scans.

~HTH

Advertisements

Les1451

Les1451

• PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
Have a read through this Click Here, fairly lengthy article but it should be of use to you.

RoxieVelma

RoxieVelma

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
I deleted the user profile from System Properties under My Computer as the link said. However, when I go to Documents and Settings, all of the files from the corrupted User Profile are still there and intact so I still have 2 of the same files, like Pictures, Music, Shared Documents and Folders. :tazz:

Les1451

Les1451

• PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
Log on as administrator, click Start - Control Panel - User Accounts.
Select the account you want to delete, a window will open with a set of options.
Select Delete the Acount, you will be asked if you want to save the user's Desktop and My Documents files, click Delete Files, then Delete Account.