Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cannot install Macromedia Shockwave Player 10

• Please log in to reply

RoxieVelma

RoxieVelma

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
I cannot seem to install Macromedia Shockwave Player 10 correctly. I needed it to play games on GSN. I tried downloading from there and it would download until the bar on the screen was almost filled, then start installing it before it was completely downloaded. Then all of a sudden it would start the whole process over.

When I go to Add/Remove Programs it is listed but has no size listed after it. I tried downloading it from macromedia.com and the same thing happened. I have no idea why it won't download completely. :tazz:

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
if its listed in add/remove programs then uninstall the application and reboot. try the install again and see what happens.

RoxieVelma

RoxieVelma

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
I once again deleted it from Add/Remove Programs the re-downloaded it and it stil did the same thing.

Downloaded ---> Installed ---> began downloading again.

It never says it is completely installed. It just installs and then starts all over again. :tazz:

RoxieVelma

RoxieVelma

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Well, I gave it a rest for a while. Then tried it again and the same thing happens.

It begins downloading, never completely downloads, then installs itself, then begins downloading again. It's really frustrating.

I have noticed this. Each time before it begins redownloading it shows this page as a page title and then starts downloading over..

Posted Image

Edited by RoxieVelma, 10 August 2005 - 06:58 PM.