Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

A Big Blue Problem.... [CLOSED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

ALONGTHEWAY

ALONGTHEWAY

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
Okay, I'm back... but not for me. My neighbor across the street ran into a problem with his computer. He's no computer idiot either... which makes it even more frusterating. Anyway, since you guys helped me out so much I was hoping that you could help me, help him.

Now when I had problems on my computer with malaware or whatever it was. You guys lead me in the right direction to fix it. So when my neighbor told me about his troubles, I used my knowledge that I learned from you guys... but to no avail.

BUT I do think I fixed some of his problems, but not the main problem.

Here's his problem: whenever he tried to do anything on his computer(even in safe-mode) a big blue screen over takes his computer and counts to 100 and then restarts his computer. NOW I look notcied that this screen came with a warning and such that reads

This is the first text paragraph:
A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

Then the bottom of this blue screen reads:
0x00000050 (0xB5EAB000, 0x00000001, 0XF9AB2465, 0x00000000)

vdmt16.sys - Address
F9AB2465 base at F9AB2000 Datestamp 427a2a44

That's the info from that page...

SO...what I did was a dowloaded SpyBot 1.4 ran is regular mode(wouldn't let me run it in safemode)... fixed the problems...ran HiJack this...FOUND TONS OF PROBLEMS!... so I checked EVERYTHING even if it wasn't a problem I just checked everything to be sure... now when I run HiJack This there is a lot less coming up. It won't let me run HiJack in safemode...

Tried a bunch of different registry cleaners they didn't work. I even tried to delete anything that was named or anything that had to do with "vdmt16" from his resistry. I restart and it's right back in there again. Now I'm doing all this work on his computer in between the times the blue screen comes up and restarts his computer...

It's so freaky... its like it knows what you're doing... I hope it can't see me typing in this forum...lol.

PS. I can get a HiJack this report in regular mode from him and type it up and post it if that would help.

Any Advise would be great!

Thank you

-Steve

Advertisements

ALONGTHEWAY

ALONGTHEWAY

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
bump.

ALONGTHEWAY

ALONGTHEWAY

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
Okay, I'm back... but not for me. My neighbor across the street ran into a problem with his computer. He's no computer idiot either... which makes it even more frusterating. Anyway, since you guys helped me out so much I was hoping that you could help me, help him.

Now when I had problems on my computer with malaware or whatever it was. You guys lead me in the right direction to fix it. So when my neighbor told me about his troubles, I used my knowledge that I learned from you guys... but to no avail.

BUT I do think I fixed some of his problems, but not the main problem.

Here's his problem: whenever he tried to do anything on his computer(even in safe-mode) a big blue screen over takes his computer and counts to 100 and then restarts his computer. NOW I look notcied that this screen came with a warning and such that reads

This is the first text paragraph:
A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

Then the bottom of this blue screen reads:
0x00000050 (0xB5EAB000, 0x00000001, 0XF9AB2465, 0x00000000)

vdmt16.sys - Address
F9AB2465 base at F9AB2000 Datestamp 427a2a44

That's the info from that page...

SO...what I did was a dowloaded SpyBot 1.4 ran is regular mode(wouldn't let me run it in safemode)... fixed the problems...ran HiJack this...FOUND TONS OF PROBLEMS!... so I checked EVERYTHING even if it wasn't a problem I just checked everything to be sure... now when I run HiJack This there is a lot less coming up. It won't let me run HiJack in safemode...

Tried a bunch of different registry cleaners they didn't work. I even tried to delete anything that was named or anything that had to do with "vdmt16" from his resistry. I restart and it's right back in there again. Now I'm doing all this work on his computer in between the times the blue screen comes up and restarts his computer...

It's so freaky... its like it knows what you're doing... I hope it can't see me typing in this forum...lol.

PS. I can get a HiJack this report in regular mode from him and type it up and post it if that would help.

Any Advise would be great!

Thank you

-Steve

tampabelle

tampabelle

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 6,363 posts
Hi,

We are sorry to have missed your log due to heavy traffic.

If you still need help, please post back a Hijack This log. Follow the instructions on this Page

If the problem has been resolved, please let us know.

tampabelle

tampabelle

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 6,363 posts
Hi Steve,

We are sorry to have missed your log due to heavy traffic.

In case you still need help, let me know.

tampabelle

tampabelle

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 6,363 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.