Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Overclocking software

• Please log in to reply

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Hey guys, i have played with overclocking before, not big overclocks though and BIOS is fine but i havent got the patience for a big overclock like my cpu can handle.
For GFX i have always overclocked my cards with ntune, ati tool and rivatuner. But what about system overclocking is there any good windows software to use to do it, so i can see if its stable before i run it and see all my voltages and clocks on one screen. Or is there a few programs that work well together to that purpose.
Was just wondering if i cant find any ill just use bios but i thought i would ask people who might have used any software out there.
I have core center but other than monitoring cpu temp and fan speeds and access to cool and quiet it isnt really very good for overclocking.

Advertisements

OneCool

OneCool

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts
Try MSI's core center http://www.msi.com.t...list.php?kind=1

Also theres Clockgen,Softfsb and s few more.

I prefer the bios myself tho

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
I have core center it isnt very good for anything other than monitoring. Ill look at the others though.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
You know im getting a weird error when i overclock and boot to windows, just using the bios at the mo. I have left the multiplier at 10 as this error happens when i dont so i put an extra 10mhz on the HT giving me 2100Mhz and i tried to take it up to 215 but when i boot windows it says it cant find the file system/config and the same happens when i lower my multiplier in bios. Anyone had this prob and know how to fix it.
Clockgen was quite good it at least shows you what you can get it up to.

OneCool

OneCool

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts
loosen your ram timing and see if that helps and mabe add some voltage to the ram and cpu

Edited by OneCool, 16 July 2005 - 02:48 PM.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Yeah i might try loosening up the timings i ahve allready increased the voltages. But thats a problem fot tommorow.